Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday's Trials

I cannot believe the stress I have had today. I wonder if it is self-inflicted, or a certain enemy of mine. We have questions right now, regarding our house repairs (due to Good friday storms,) neighbor concerns over what we thought were random acts of kindness - gone terribly wrong, financial nightmare....and now questions about my decisions to take early summer leave, from work. The really good news is that we had a recent sermon from church, A Pentecost message: http://www.christchurchnashville.org/ to hold us up. All relevant to Romans chapter 5 verses 1,2 and 5. Where's 3 and 4 you say? we are in it. We may not all be in it all of the time; but we are certainly all of us in it some of the time; and we forget it is just growing pains, and we can count it all joy. Oh how hard that is. I refer to this in a recent book I've written, in a chapter called Growing Pains. My point is Salvation is a beautiful thing; but life is not always beautiful. We are guaranteed to struggle some. Sometimes those struggles are simply reaping what we have sown ourselves; and others are those struggles that seem to come from out of nowhere. But, dear friends, there is not one thing that God Almighty does not allow to come your way. He knows you and your strength,;and honors us all with challenges, He alone knows we will be able to handle. For that reason alone, I can count it all joy. I do not love having troubles, or being stressed out around my kids. But my Lord occupied my kids, with little projects, while I was at my weakest moment this morning; and for that I am truly blessed. Now, if I can just think before I yell at them, for dropping the WHOLE toilet paper roll in the potty, we'll all be good right? Perhaps Mommy should have put it where it belonged in the first place hhmmmm???? Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment