Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Fun

Hey everyone! You wouldn't believe what we are doing today. The kids and I have somehow managed to keep this secret from their Daddy! We are cleaning up now, and packing to surprise him, with a weekend trip, for Father's Day. The fun (or funny) part is we are going to visit my parents for the trip. Now, I ask you, what man would not want to spend his Father's day with his in-laws? It has to be the sweetest thing we could do...right?

My parents laughed because it's unusual for a man to think a surprise trip, to visit his wife's parents, would be delightful. I promise you though, my husband adores my parents, and loves my father like his own. It is a special feeling, that I do not take lightly, to have my husband love my parents like he does; and you might not believe it, but he will honestly be thrilled when he finds out where we are going. Don't tell my parents, but I think he will be thrilled if I take him anywhere, to get away right now.

Now to pull of the surprise. With 10, 9 and 5 year old children, this is monumental. They are about to explode, and have done everything but him a picture of the house. Now that he has returned to work from lunch, we are busy packing and will have to load the car ourselves. We plan on telling him we want to take him on an evening picnic and have the car loaded. The kids want to blindfold him until we get past any freeway signs, to keep him guessing. I can't wait to see how it goes, and will be sure to post you when we get home. I will also try to give you my personal thoughts about my own father then.

Meanwhile, please send your father's day plans, thoughts about your own dads and the dads of your children. We do not all have "dreamy" tales about fatherhood; then others of us have miracles to tell. The important thing now is to share as we all approach this day together. I can't wait to hear from everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. May you all have a GREAT time this weekend! Tell him we all want him to have a happy father's day! See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete