Saturday, June 8, 2013

HELP! I Need Your Input

Remember my 21 day fast??  Well, I want to share with you how that went.  This is day 21.  Do you know I did not hunger or want?  That was so bizarre to me.  I gave up all solid food.  I had liquids and some smoothie beverage, but no food at all.  Oddly enough, I did not feel hungry or deprived.  I always feel that way when I diet.  I am hungry and feel like I am doing without.  Not with this.  I was very focused on the desire to hunger for God's heart.  Hunger for God's blessing.  Hunger to be a better person.  My only weakness was on day 7.  I had some medicine I took and forgot about the fast...it made me very woozy to say the least.  Quite an experience for us all.  I learned my lesson fast, no pun intended, not to take that medicine; or watch carefully the amount and my activities, if I had to.

Here is where I need your help.  On day 14 of the 21 days I had to discontinue the fast.  I had to go to some one's home and stay for the week.  That explaining and re-explaining my not eating and the reason behind it, would have (for me) nullified my goal.  I was much better off to be quiet about what I was doing, rather than argue the point.  That would not make me a better person or purify my heart, which was my ultimate goal.  I want to focus on purifying myself and searching my heart for how I can be a better person.  How I can do more as one part of the body of Christ, to improve the overall body; to bring Glory to God.

Do you feel I should have gone through with the last 7 days and argued the point in my different surroundings?  Or do you think I should have stopped the fast, been quiet and cooperative in an other's home and left my personal goal behind?  Truly I want your thoughts.  Thank you.  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment