Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Friend

Darlings,
I want to introduce you to a friend of mine;  a daughter, sister and mom.  She was a student; and in many ways, still is.  She is a teacher daily; and at church...not just Sunday, but Wednesday also.  She is the realest person I might know.  We have taught together.  We "imagine" characters together.  We pray together, and we have cried together.  She has also been very much alone in this world.  Funny to know that, because many that know her, think she has numerous fans and friends.  She does have fans; and I promise you, cares deeply about each one. But friends are few.  - They are her precious children, her characters, and a very select group of friends/family she has allowed in.  I dare say she may have one person, her beloved sister, she can truly count upon.

I am saying all of this, because this precious person is so special to me.  And there aren't words to describe the amazing things she does for others.  She has chosen to rise above the human nature to be judgmental, sarcastic or pitiful; and give everything she has for the future and salvation of her children, and every kid around her.

I implore you, please do not overlook the "quiet" smiles in the room.  Please do not take for granted the one who is the least confrontational.  Your gift to that very person could be to walk right up to his or her face and say "you mean something to me, and I appreciate you."

No person could ever imagine all this one person does for her family, and all those around her.  But the simplest "thank-you" would mean so much!

There was a time, when I was a child, I was visiting a church event for kids.  I fell, and a grown-up helped me.  First, they said I needed to fix my shoes.  The tongue was all wrinkled up and laces tangled (just like my youngest boy has now.)  I was also filthy!  I remember realizing that.  I should have cleaned up before going.  I do not have any clue what that person or those people look like or a name.  But I remember the experience.  I remember someone took time for me, and I was a stranger to them...I had never been there before...another farmer in God's field of life (my third title - enter copyright here ;)) They nurtured me, like my friend sows and pours living water and the bread of life to every kid she knows!

Back to my strong friend.  This friend has never ever, as long as I have known her, not loved our young people.  This friend believes what I believe.  I would rather learn, grow and Be MORE from my past; than be the incessant victim, having never-ending excuses as to why they can never be, do, or have.  At some point, you have to decide YOU will be the difference in your life and in the lives of others.  Why?  Because you are the child of a King!!  Gods own image.  He created you personally...you didn't just "happen."  He wanted you for a reason - for HIM.  You go to our God right now and you love him.  Cling to Him.  Tell Him you want to understand more; and to be his FRIEND.  Please Please tell Him you believe He sent his son, Jesus as a living sacrifice for all of our sins.  Confess your sins (we all have them...all of us.) Then, with your arms open as wide as possible, welcome the Father of all Fathers into your heart.  Love to you all, Mare


No comments:

Post a Comment