Sunday, May 2, 2010

Prayer is Rising

So I am going to just start writing. I do not have anything formal or clever. This is once of those times that I am so full of emotion, and I am feeling the power of something beyond myself, working in me.


I cannot express the feeling of connection I feel with my community, my church and friends today. Our area is completely flooded. I have never seen water like this in my life. I have seen it rain for a month straight before; and not as much water as we have seen accumulate in the last 24 hours. We are watching people abandon their cars We are seeing footage of folks stranded and later hearing of their drowning. We literally watched the water rise in our back yard. We see water over the windshields of cars in their driveways. Boats are on the secondary roads and ducks on the ball fields. We are contacting neighbors and friends to see if they are alright.


I am reminded that this month I am teaching a beautiful group of 5th grade girls about the end times. Wars and rumors of wars, floods and famine (talk about "visuals".) As we yell across the yard to check on a neighbor repairing his gutters, we realized how this will benefit construction business and car dealers. Then the opportunity to minister arose from one comment. It is so sad that some will benefit out of the trajedy of others. That started what is brewing inside of me. It is a time like this that we pull together and our differences are irrelevant. Do we fuss? Yes. Do bad things happen that frustrate us? Yes. I want every person who reads these words if you know me or not, I am deeply sorry if these storms and floods are hurting you. I wish for you every blessing and safety from the waters. Know that God has powers beyond anything we can comprehend. Does this feel horrible? Yes, but He can use this to His glory beyond anything we can understand. Romans 8:28 says ... all things can work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose.


Now, if your car is under water right now, if you have lost a loved one or if you are leaving your belongings behind as you wade through water to safety; you may struggle to see any good in this. Please know that as the the clouds move through tonight and the rays of sun touch your face tomorrow; this too shall pass and God is with you. He is here...cling to Him; hold on as tightly as you possibly can. HE will not be "uprooted." He will flood you with an overwhelming knowledge that He will provide. As we all pray together today, we pray for healing, and restoration to all those affected, and for renewed faith in God and his power. May you be blessed today and protected as we moved through the remaining hours of severe weather event.

No comments:

Post a Comment