Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

As I am sitting here today, I am thinking about my responsibility, not only as a mom and wife, but as a person. I have an enormous responsibility as a child of God. As a matter of fact, that is my primary responsibility. I am thinking that, if I am responsible and honest as a Christian (and in my relationship with God,) then my responsibilities as a wife and mother will naturally be appropriate.

My recent concerns are about being so focused on sharing my "Christianity," that I am ineffective as a wife and mom. I think this would be counterproductive and wrong, quite frankly. I believe with my whole heart that there is a balance. However loving God and serving Him, are quite different than going though life under the veil of religion. The balance, I believe, is complete devotion to God and his purpose. He will take care of my needs, and He will guide my path to care for my husband, children and home exactly according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment