Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Talks and Tacos

Well friends,  it's Tuesday.  That means Table Talks.  It also means Taco Tuesday at our house.  We have to come up with creative taco suppers that don't actually involve eating tacos every single week.  Although, this family would do it with gladness!

I need your input on both!  I haven't begun to prepare for dinner tonight; so all of your fantastic taco soups, casseroles and salads are welcome...don't be shy.  My kids secretly hope, I don't get to it so we can hit the local Taco Bell. 

My Table Talk Topic needs even more input, not just from my Mother friends, but from husbands and friends of families observing us as mothers. 

 I often think of how my kids will relate to me when they are adults.  Will they vow to never be such a mother?  Will they want me there as they choose a wedding gown, welcome a newborn into their home, recover from an injury or - GASP for no other reason than to chat together?  

Every day of my life I doubt my work as their mom.  Every day of my life I try to do better.  And, every day of my life I mess up again.  This morning, I thought about the many people who refer to their mothers from the past.  "She was a Godly woman," they would say.  "She prayed for us and with us, and served the Lord with all of her heart."  

Will my babies grow up to say of me, that I helped or hindered?  Will they refer to me as the core of our home serving the Lord and our family.  Or will they consider me slothful, snappy and too "busy" for them?  What will my husband say?         What - does - my - FATHER - say?

Do you ever think of these things?


No comments:

Post a Comment