Sunday, March 28, 2010

So, today we celebrate Palm Sunday. I have always loved sharing this special day with my family. I love teaching about this part. The part where Jesus actually came into the city on the little donkey; while people shouted Hosanna Hosanna (save us now!) I taught on this in home school, we dramatize it at church and love to talk through it with young children when teaching pre-school. It is bittersweet. We are celebrating the beginning of Holy Week. However, I imagine, this would have been the beginning of a miserable week for the mother of our Christ. She had to let him go and do what God the Father set before Him. I go before my children and check on their schools and activities for them. I walk beside them as long as it is acceptable and appropriate and I walk behind to catch them if they fall. I wonder what she was thinking that wonderful night after everyone spent the day celebrating her son. My challenge to you is this: each day this week think very carefully on what might have been happening that day/night with our Lord. I pray we take very seriously the hours/moments that take us right to our very salvation...the crucifixion of the Lamb of God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment