Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuesday Talks

Here we are again, talking it up on Tuesday? Wait is it Wednesday? That is how fast my days/weeks are flying. To continue with our talks last Tuesday; we were talking about going with the flow and unexpected changes in our plans. I am a planner and organizer, so I struggle when I have made detailed plans, and life throws me a curve ball. What takes me through these experiences are thoughts of my husband and children. My husband is a go with it and let life happen kind of guy. That is not to say he lets life happen to him. But he enjoys the ride he is on regardless of the unexpected turns ahead. My kids, more than anyone I know, can handle just about anything. We did not get to take a vacation this year, because of cut back with their Daddy's job. Though they talked of beaches and Disney; they were perfectly fine with the Summer Reading Program and local fun. In addition to that, we lost the fantastic demo my husband drove, and had storm damage to our home. These things brought no harm, only restrictions and inconvenience. We had to be home instead of the pool most days, to allow repairmen to work. We had to restrict areas of the house because of work and/or hazards. The kids took it as just another event in their lives. They have not one time complained about the proplems with the house; they simply relished the experiences we did have, on days we could go someplace together. That is how my kids spent their ENTIRE summer vacation. Getting up each day and waiting for workers to show up....or not. They just went with it regardless of how it might have imposed on their summer fun or any plans we might have previously made together. For those of you who don't have children, you know what I mean about planning things and it not working out as planned...it is really frustrating. Think like a kid and take each thing as an opportunity to stretch your imagination, and live with the unexpected surprises in our lives. Cling to Jesus...and to eachother sisters and brothers; and if you get a chance, hang out with a kid. They just kind of go with the flow and we can learn, like my husband somehow has, to live with life and relax. Have a great week, regardless of how it turns out. Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment